Breakaway Vacations’ Response to COVID-19
July 28, 2020:
The new order by the BC Government limits the number of people in rental properties. Since our units sleep anywhere from 6-8 people and our policies do not exceed that number, reservations are not affected. However, there is a limitation on guests visiting a unit (outside the reservation group) to five people. This means if you have a reservation for seven people at a unit, you are limited to five visiting day-guests for a total of 12 people at your unit at once. This must be strictly adhered to for everyone’s safety or you will be asked to vacate the unit without refund.Please also be advised that The BC Government is also requiring us to have a complete list of names of every one staying in a unit, along with their telephone number and email.
What we are doing:
Our number one focus at the moment is keeping our guests feel safe, secure and comfortable. We have been working twice as hard to ensure our disinfecting policies are met. We will continue to provide you with the most up-to-date information on our policies as this continues.
Staff Cleaning Procedures:
We have come up with guidelines for our cleaning staff:
- Wear protective gear while cleaning
- Disposable gloves and masks
- Ventilating rooms before each clean
- Washing hands thoroughly before and after each clean
- Clean, then disinfect
- We are using soap/detergent to remove dirt, grease, dust and germs then spraying surface with disinfectant
- Avoiding touching our face while cleaning
- Using the right disinfectant
- Our disinfectants kill viruses, fungicides and bacteria.
- Cleaning sofas, rugs, curtains and soft surfaces as well
- Cleaning and disinfecting laundry baskets and hampers
- Emptying the vacuum cleaner after every cleaning
- Wiping down vacuum cleaner as well
- Disposing and washing of used cleaning supplies
Any cleaning staff members who exhibit even minor cold symptoms, such as runny nose, cough or sore throat, are also being asked not to come to work and to self-isolate and maintain social distancing practices.
In case of symptoms:
To protect yourself and others, we please ask you to refrain from visiting if you are feeling unwell. This is to ensure a safe and comfortable experience for everyone. If you are unsure if you should visit, please asses yourself and take into consideration this symptoms chart from the World Health Organization:
We wish you the best of health and wellness to you and your families! If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.